Week of gift-making workshops held in all U.S. and Canada stores.
Michaels, North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, announces it will host a series of Mother's Day gift-making events throughout the first week of May so that families can make personalized gifts for under $3 that Mom will treasure for years to come.
The workshops, to be held in all 1000+ U.S. and Canada stores, will each feature a free or low-cost gift project for kids of all ages:
- Saturday, May 1 (1 - 3 p.m.): Kids can create gem earrings or a glass bead bracelet to keep Mom stylish. Cost: FREE
- Sunday, May 2 (1 - 3 p.m.): Kids can personalize an ordinary coffee mug with paint markers. Cost: FREE decorating supplies with purchase of a $1.99 mug kit
- Monday, May 3 (6 - 8 p.m.): Kids can make Mom a flower corsage to complement a favorite outfit using silk flowers. Cost: FREE corsage supplies with purchase of silk flowers, $1 and up
- Tuesday, May 4 (6 - 8 p.m.): Give Mom a spa day with a home spa package wrapped in a painted clay pot. Cost: FREE painting supplies (does not include spa stuffers, $1 and up)
- Thursday, May 6 (6 - 8 p.m.): Kids can decorate a Mother's Day t-shirt with fun designs made from handprints. Cost: FREE workshop with purchase of $2.50 t-shirt
- Friday, May 7 (6 - 8 p.m.): Kids can personalize and decorate a wooden picture frame to hold a favorite memory of Mom. Cost: FREE decorating supplies with purchase of $1 frame
- Saturday, May 8 (10 a.m. - Noon): Kids can make a personalized card to wish Mom a Happy Mother's Day. Cost: FREE
- Saturday, May 8 (Noon - 1 p.m.): Kids can decorate a sweet treat at the Wilton cookie decorating event. Cost: FREE
"Our workshops are a convenient and inexpensive way for the entire family to make Mother's Day special," said Michaels' Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Paula Puleo. "Moms especially love to receive thoughtful, handmade gifts from their children."
More homemade Mother's Day gift ideas, with instructions and materials lists, can be found at www.michaels.com/mothersday. Gift cards are also available for purchase online or in stores and make great Mother's Day gifts.
For Moms who love crafting, Michaels launches its new Facebook fan page with "The Search For America's Most Creative Mom" contest starting April 27th through May 11th. Fans can nominate the special moms in their lives and share stories and photos of her creations for a chance to win a $1,000 Michaels gift card. No purchase necessary to enter or win the contest, see rules for complete details. Michaels' Facebook page will also feature heartwarming Mother's Day e-cards, quick and easy handmade gift ideas for Mother's Day, plus much more at www.facebook.com/michaels.