The workshops start Saturday, June 5, and will take place on weekends and weeknights leading up to Father's Day so moms can bring in the kids to make creative gifts for Dad.
- Saturday, June 5, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Kids can capture favorite memories of Dad with their own build-a-book from Klutz. Ages 3 and up welcome. FREE while supplies last.
- Saturday, June 12, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Kids can create a camo-style frame for Dad's favorite Father's Day photo. Ages 3 and up welcome. FREE with purchase of $1 wooden frame.
- Sunday, June 13, 1 - 3 p.m.: Kids can personalize an ordinary coffee mug to create a unique Father's Day gift for Dad. Ages 3 and up welcome. FREE with purchase of $1.99 mug kit.
- Tuesday, June 15, 6 - 8 p.m.: Dads can keep their drinks super cool this summer with a one-of-a-kind, hand painted can hug. Ages 3 and up welcome. FREE with purchase of $1 can hug.
- Thursday, June 17, 6 - 8 p.m.: Kids and dads love versatile Duck Tape, and Michaels will show kids how to make Dad a colorful tape wallet that's durable, creative and flat-out cool. Ages 6-12 welcome. FREE while supplies last.
- Friday, June 18, 6 - 8 p.m.: Kids can give Dad the gift of creativity with a handcrafted T-shirt. Ages 3 and up welcome. FREE with purchase of a $2.50 T-shirt.
- Saturday, June 19, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Kids can express their feelings for Dad with a handcrafted, heartfelt Father's Day card. Ages 3 and up welcome. FREE while supplies last.
"Kids will have as much fun making gifts as the dads will have receiving them - especially the Duck Tape wallets, which are so popular right now," said Michaels Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Paula Puleo. "Michaels has lots of ideas for kids of all ages to make memorable, personalized gifts that show Dad how much they care."
Other creative Father's Day gift ideas include a Duck Tape tie, a personalized BBQ apron, a desk organizer or a wooden tool caddy. Michaels has ideas and instructions for more personalized and affordable Father's Day gifts at www.michaels.com/fathersday.