What Charity Will Benefit? Customers will Decide as they Craft for a Cause!
It has often been said that crafting has many therapeutic benefits. From the repetitive motions of knitting and crochet that can aid in memory function, to the general stress relief that is often achieved while sewing or crafting a project, it's not surprising that 56% of American households* are home to crafters.
Beginning on August 15, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, the leading fabric and craft specialty retailer in America, will add one more reason to feel good about crafting -- Craft for a Cause. "Our customer research has shown that many of the items purchased in our stores are used to make crafts to support charitable causes," states Brent Beebe, vice president of crafts merchandising for Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. "We recognize that there are many organizations that can benefit from the donation of crafted projects. Craft for a Cause is one way that we can make a difference -- together."
How You Can Win
- Create a craft for your favorite charitable organization using materials purchased from Jo-Ann
- Donate the crafted item to your favorite charitable organization
- Log onto Joann.com/craftforacause to complete an entry form and submit your receipt and photo(s) of your donated item(s) by October 30, 2010
- A panel of sewing and crafting experts will then judge all eligible entries and will select five (5) winners based on the quality/workmanship, creativity and functionality of the item for the chosen organization, as shown in the photographs
- The top five entries will each win a $1,500 Jo-Ann gift card
How Your Favorite Charity Can Win
- The three charitable causes receiving the most donated items will become Craft for a Cause finalists
- Starting November 7, 2010, vote at Joann.com for your favorite finalist
- Jo-Ann will donate to the top vote getters:
- 1st prize - $50,000
- 2nd prize - $25,000
- 3rd prize - $15,000
"Craft for a Cause will bring together the crafting community for the benefit of the charities that mean the most to our customers," said Beebe. "We are very excited about the impact that our combined efforts can make." For more information on how top participate in Craft for a Cause, log onto Joann.com. Your favorite charity could win $50,000.
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (NYSE: JAS) the nation's largest fabric and craft retailer with locations in 48 states, was founded in 1943 as a single retail store. Today, more than 750 Jo-Ann stores across the country provide consumers with creative inspiration. For additional information, visit www.Joann.com.